Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sewing 101


The days of quilting being our grandmothers past time are over.
However Let me just forewarn my peers, if you grew up with technology this is not going to be easy. let.me.repeat. not.easy! (don't run away just yet!)
I am a lover of instant gratification...making a quilt not a instant process.
However, the results will be well worth it!
There are new fresh ways to quilt, and fun ways to renew the traditional styles!
This will be my next challenge!

Its from
http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/paintbox-quilt-along.html

If you get a chance check her out! AH-dorable!

Until then its just me and my machine attempting to defeat the traditional log cabin.

This is my first quilt without the aid of my guru of a quilting,sewing,handstiching,fantastic mother

I am having a tough time without her holding my hand through the process, however I already have my first sample block done and I have managed to get a few more things done!


I never thought sewing would teach me so many life lessons:
1. READ THE DIRECTIONS...otherwise you will be seam ripping (redoing) for longer than it took you to put the pieces together
2. Your mother is always right
3. Perfection is possible. Impossible if you are Impatient
4. I hope you like yourself. Sewing is between you and the machine who hums you a lovely tune. If you by any chance don't need to evaluate your life or aren't in need piece (whoops peace!) and quiet, find a new hobby. While your at it would you mind solving my life's problems?! ;o)
5. Deal with it. Not every line is going to be perfect, not every seam will be straight. If we were all identical clones life would be boring. Being unique is the beauty of life and sewing
Don't let your life unravel at the seams!

1 comment: