Monday, March 29, 2010

dr!nk up

Here's a simple project that doesn't require much skill or money! (my kind of project!)
Painting glass! You can reuse old glassware or buy new (Dollar Store of TJ Maxx has the best buys!)
While out shopping keep a lookout for these glasses, they are for sale at many stores however I encourage you to make your own!
The paint is 'glass paint' when buying make sure the paint wont wash off (they even make marker type paints, they look like sharpie pens! Very easy to use!)


The Steps:
1. Clean your glass, I just used soap and water. Online there are other tips and tricks!
2. Pick your designs (above sewing wine glasses for my mother; below pilsner Chicago bears glasses for my dad)
3. Paint away! (then let air dry for about 24 hours)
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
Dad reports these are washable without being damaging, however he has only done so by hand!


Simple, fun, and practical!









No comments:

Post a Comment